Major Industry Presentations now available for download - Q4 2006
Our sponsors VeriSign have been busy participating in many events this quarter here is a summary of some of the highlights with links to a number of presentations delivered
RSA Conference 2006, Nice, Acropolis , France 23-25 October 2006
On October 23-25, 2006 VeriSign attended the RSA Conference in Nice as platinum sponsors. After three program-packed days, RSA® Conference Europe 2006, the foremost information security industry event in Europe, concluded in Nice , France on Wednesday, 25 October, 2006. The 7th annual event was successful in, attracting information security professionals from all across Europe ! VeriSign as platinum sponsors were involved in several presentations and panel sessions including the following:
- Raising the Bar: The Impact of New High Assurance SSL Standards and Browsers
- Real-world Two-Factor Authentication
- Achieving Trust through Mutual Authentication, and Identity Verification: The Prerequisite to Trusted Online Transactions
- Keynote Presentation: Nico Popp presented at the RSA conference held between the 23rd and 25th October 2006 at the Nice Acropolis Exhibition Centre. The auditorium was almost full with over 500 attendees at the event on the final day of the event Nico's Keynote Presentation addressed the topic 'Identity Security - Time to Share' , focusing on the issues around Identity Theft, Online Fraud and Phishing. The presentation gave a thought provoking insight into the ideas of a Identity network and the notion that the 'good guys' should be sharing intelligence, and working on global and intelligent infrastructures. Downloadable as a PowerPoint animated presentation (recommended) or as a static pdf
Tackling Organised Crime in Partnership, Victoria Park Plaza , London , UK - 22nd - 23rd November 2006
VeriSign Security Services and VeriSign Information Services were present at the Tackling Organised Crime in Partnership event held at the Victoria Park Plaza Hotel in London . Over 350 delegates attended the 2006 Tackling Organised Crime in Partnership Congress. With a strong presence from participants in the Finance and Banking Sector
The subjects covered included
- immigration crime
- identity theft
- computer crime
- financial crime
- serious organised fraud
- drug crime
- VAT and Carousel fraud
- insurance fraud
- the latest trends
- data mining
- information sharing
- data protection
- improving working relationships
- protecting local communities
- the role of SOCA
- police force structuring
- strategic forces
- protective services
- national intelligence model
- performance indicators
- social engineering
- disrupting organised criminal networks.
On day 2 of the event Frank Nagle, Manager of Vulnerability Aggregation presented in the same panel session as Karl Barclay, Head of Global Security, HSBC on the topic of ‘Organised Cyber Crime and the Role of intelligence focusing on the activities of the iDefense team and the current trends in Cybercrime, and a case study on Metaphisher.
Click here to view Frank Nagle's presentation and those of the other presenters during the conference.
Combating Online Banking fraud- 27th November 2006, IOD, London, UK
VeriSign, together with APACS and Deloitte and Touche presented at the a VeriSign organized event focusing on Online Fraud in Banking positioned as a networking event the event provided participants with the opportunity to discuss techniques in reducing online fraud with industry leaders and peers and provide a large number of leading financial institutions, with advice and strong practical solutions to fight online fraud, during the presentations VeriSign presented the latest services and developments including the VIP Network and VeriSign Fraud Detection Services, to a group of 36 senior C level Banking and finance executives.
The level and quality of the attendees was exceptional, thanks to the invested time in telemarketing the event to a targeted list of Retail and Investment banks, and due to the brand value displayed through the 3 partners who are well respected in the UK Banking sector and helped open the doors whilst marketing the event.
VeriSign presented a suite of presentations providing best practice advise on how to combat online fraud, including Solutions such as VeriSign Identity Protection Authentication solution, and Fraud Detection Services, and High Validation Certificates for Site to user Authentication, and the benefits of Fraud Intelligence Networks and IDefense.
The Partners associated with the event included:
- APACS the UK banking association that a considered thought leaders in the area of ‘banking Fraud' presented on the topic ‘Reflections on eBanking Security', and received very good write ups in the feedback forms.
- Deloitte & Touche, who presented the results and findings from their Global Security Survey conduced across Financial and Banking Communities.
Click here to download All Presentations from the event can be downloaded.